In the past couple of weeks you have heard about Messiah beginning a process to clarify our identity and purpose. The first step in this process is conducting a Congregational Assessment Tool (CAT).
The CAT is a comprehensive survey instrument designed especially for church planning. This tool will help us understand the range of views that exist at Messiah and the possibilities, willingness, capacity and energy for moving our ministry into the future.
- The CAT is intended for individuals who are confirmation age and above. Take the survey as an individual, not a couple or a family. We want to hear from each and every person!
- Please plan to set aside 20 to 30 minutes to respond. Every question on the CAT is important to our planning process, so we thank you in advance for your willingness to respond. Do not skip a question.
- Remember, the online version needs to be taken in a single session, without closing your computer’s browser.
- Use of the word “pastor” in the survey means Pastor Chuck Harris
- Use of the word “church” in the survey means Messiah Lutheran Church congregation—not the synod or ELCA.
- The survey is anonymous. No one will see your responses and know they are yours. No names will be collected.
- The CAT is open from April 10 until May 1.
- If you have questions or need help, please contact the office or a member of the Vision Planning Team.
To answer the CAT now, click on the link below. You will also find the link on our website.
Thank you for your thoughtful and prayerful response. The information gathered will be interpreted, summarized then shared with the congregation. It will become a critical piece in our planning process, which will continue to involve the congregation as we move forward.
Vision Planning Team: Mike Tipton, Christi Gillette, Ruthanne Henderson, Phyllis Steinle, JoEllen Yadwinski, Mary Berglund